Thursday, April 23, 2009

Things I wish my crazy neighbor would yell

OK, so this is a quick and random one, but at least I'm doing this thing finally.

I've got this neighbor in the seven-story building next door, which I'm pretty sure is some sort of mental facility, who quite fancies roaming the streets and yelling stuff. We've taken to calling him Dubby, as in W.B., as in...I can't even remember what that was supposed to stand for. Oh, right. Window breaker. Last week, he punched the glass of out his window during one of his rants. Is this a place where I have a random excuse to use the word "defenestrate?" Probably not. I digress.

Anyway, it's usually just boring stuff, like "Where you at?" and something else about his woman. I think he's picking a fight with some make-believe dude that is apparently trifling with his imaginary lady friend.

Without further ado, here's a short list of things, for my own amusement, I wish my stentorian neighbor would exclaim instead:

1. Oh yeahhh (a la Kool-Aid man)

2. Adrian! Stella! I'm Rick James, bitch!

3. If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

4. I pity the fool...

5. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

6. De plane, boss, de plane!

7. The entire preamble to the Constitution...backwards

8. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

9. It's not a TOOM-uh

10. "Here we are, face to face, a couple of silver spoons... "

4 comments:

  1. This was great...I would love to read your blogs but I don't see how to become a "member"

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. #7--can he just turn around and recite it? Cause that's what I'll do if a cop ever asks me to recite the alphabet backwards.

    But seriously, this makes me laugh! Why have you never pointed this guy out?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about... "Fight the Power!" a la Radio Raheem

    ReplyDelete